Home About Project Inspirations Shops Contact Us


Treasury Tuesday - Wind Chimes

I'm not a big fan of wind. However, with a few upcycled items and a little help from Mother Nature... I do enjoy a summer breeze. Throughout the years I've amassed quite a collection of wind chimes and sun catchers. You'll find them all around my house.I have quite a few outside, but even more inside. I especially like to hang them in doorways and in front of windows.

In the photo above I've gathered some wind chimes from Etsy. Many of these are made using upcycled items like bottle caps, keys, silverware,and bottles. Below you'll find a few more that I thought were worth a look.

This first wind chime is made from fence posts. Pretty clever. I wonder what it sounds like.


This one isn't actually a wind chime, but I thought it looked great hanging in front of this window. It's made using old maps and round photo frames.


The final wind chime would go over great in my hometown of Davis, CA. It's made from old bicycle parts. How clever!


Click on any photo to return to the origional source.


6 comments:

  1. How cool, the ingenious minds of others!!!! Bicycle parts-----fence posts----anything we can think of and make something usefull out of it! How wonderful and thanks for the shout out!! Lifting Up Spirits via ETSY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... people are so creative! There's just no limit. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of wind either... but you have come up with a great treasury! Thank you for including my Cloud & Raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my wind chimes in your treasury! I'm adding new designs in the next couple of month's. Please stop by!

    Thanks again,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including me in your blog Treasury...there is sure some interesting stuff on there,,,I really like the bike gear wind chime,,wonder what it sounds like,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 17, 2012

    Oh I like these....one mans trash is my beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete